|Harmandir Sahib (The Golden Temple, Amritsar)|
If you are looking forward to embracing the holy beauty of culture, diversity in religions, spiritual abodes and lip-smacking street foods, then India is the place to be.
I thought of working on the best places to visit, eat food at, accommodate you to and embrace the beauty of and came up with this enticing list of spell-binding wonders. Without taking much time, here’s our Top 10 of everything, when at India:
Safety: Being an Indian, I find India to be very safe, to a foreigner, I would suggest using common sense and you'll be just fine.
Airport Immigration Check and Visa Airport Immigration Check is quick and Easy, citizens of most countries need a Visa to enter India, more on Visa Check the Wikipedia Link
Trains: India has one of the world's largest railway networks, Passengers can book tickets through mobile app, http://www.indianrail.gov.in/
TIP; Groupon is very Popular in India
1. Historical / Architectural Monuments:
India’s history dates back to 5000+ years and have been offering a rich civilization and cultural traits to ponder upon. Offering a scientific approach to its architecture, standing proud and tall letting the tourists dwell into the history behind the making of these spell-binding structures, India lets you embrace its traditional and cultural appreciations with all warm hearts.
When in India, do stop by at the following sights, click
on the links:
1. Monuments of Hampi (Karnataka)
2. Taj Mahal (Agra),
3. Sanchi Stupa (Madhya Pradesh),
4. Ajanta and Ellora Caves ( Maharashtra)
5. Jantar Mantar (Rajasthan)
6. Mahabalipuram (Tamil Nadu)
7. Sun Temple (Orissa)
8. Fatehpur Sikri (Uttar Pradesh)
9. Jaisalmer Fort (Rajasthan)
10. Harmandir Sahib (The Golden Temple, Amritsar)
2. Eating and Drinking in India:
With diversity in cultural and religious backgrounds, India has a beautiful array of lip-smacking cuisines to relinquish your taste buds. From Gol gappe to theplas, and mishti dohi to gulab jamun, Indian’s surely are big-time foodies and love their appetite.
Here’s a list of some of the best dishes you should try out at different states in India as follows:
1. Makke Di Roti and Sarson Ka Saag (Punjab)
2. Dhokla, Khandvi, Thepla (Gujrat)
3. Pav Bhaji, Thali peeth(Maharashtra)
4. Ker, Sangri, Gatte Ki Sabji (Rajasthan)
5. Sandesh, Daab Jhingri, Rasgulla and Mishti Dohi (West Bengal)
6. Momos, Thukpa, Gundruk (Sikkim)
7. Hyderabadi Biryani, Mirch Salan, Kodi Kura (Andhra Pradesh)
8. Masala Dosa, Chettinad Chicken, Rasam (Tamil Nadu)
9. Red Ant Chutney (Chattisgarh)
10. Masor Tenga (Assam)
3. Affordable and Safe Shelter Recommendations:
If you are the kind that looks forward to budget travelling then you should definitely try a hand at seeking shelter at a shrine, ashram or spiritual lodge. Here’s where you can return the favor as you do ‘seva’ (Hindi term that means selfless service as devotion). If you are not quite comfortable with the concept then you can look out for accommodation services from
2. Holiday Homes
3. State Tourism Departments
4. Local Lodges
6. Rent a Bungalow
7. Inexpensive Hostels and Hotels
9. Paying Guest, Home stay (For slow travelers)
10. Religious institutions
Also, hotel rates are quite affordable and one can have a good stay at a comfy hotel for the price of 900-1500 Indian Rupees for a night.
4. Adventure and Fun Sports:
If you are looking forward to some fun activities and adventures whilst your stay at India then you should definitely visit these must-visit adventure sports destinations popular amongst Indians.
1. Skiing in Kashmir
2. Mountaineering in Uttarakhand
3. River Rafting in Himachal
4. Flying Fox in Kerala
5. Bungee Jumping in Karnataka
6. Water Sports (Swimming, Jet Skiing, Para Sailing, etc) in Goa
7. Paragliding in Maharashtra
8. Rock Climbing in Madhya Pradesh
9. Scuba Diving in Andaman
10. Trekking in Arunachal.
|Jaisalmer Fort (Rajasthan)|
Apart from all these beautiful sights and attractions, India lets you trail through an array of beautiful and serene beaches, waterfalls and a wide canopy of forests, sanctuaries and national parks. Do not miss out on any of these places, you never know, one of the best of your adventures might await your presence at India.
If you think one of the destinations didn’t make up to the list, then comment below on your favorite destination, food, sport or idea of fun or travel that you experienced while at India.
Happy travelling to you!